Roku remote is not working – The Roku remote is an essential component of the Roku device, enabling users to navigate and control its functions. However, there are instances where the remote may stop working, leaving users frustrated and unable to access their favourite shows and movies. Various factors, including low battery, software issues, signal blockage, or a damaged remote, can cause a non-functional Roku remote. Therefore, it is crucial to address the issue promptly to avoid inconvenience and ensure seamless Roku device operation.
Possible Causes of why roku remote is not working
The issue of a non-functional Roku remote can be caused by several factors, including:
- A low battery or dead battery: If the batteries in the remote are low or dead, the remote may not be able to send signals to the Roku device.
- Infrared signal blockage: The remote relies on an infrared signal to communicate with the Roku device. If there are obstructions between the remote and the device, such as furniture or other electronics, the signal may be blocked, resulting in a non-functional remote.
- Software issues: Sometimes, the issue may be caused by software glitches or bugs that affect the Roku device’s functionality.
- Damaged or faulty remote: Physical damage or internal faults in the remote can render it non-functional, even with new batteries.
To troubleshoot on roku remote is not working as per the some steps you can try:
- Check the batteries: Open the battery compartment on the back of the remote and ensure that the batteries are properly installed and have sufficient charge. If not, replace them with new ones.
- Verify the line of sight between the remote and the Roku device: Ensure that there are no obstructions between the remote and the Roku device that could block the infrared signal. Remove any objects that might be obstructing the signal.
- Reset the remote: The remote’s restart button should be pressed and held for a short period of time before being released. Wait for the remote to restart and try using it again.
- Repair the remote with the Roku device: The pairing light will flash after you press and keep the pairing button on the remote’s back. As soon as the Roku device’s pairing button starts to flash, hit and hold it for a few seconds. Wait for them to connect, and try using the remote again.
- Check for software updates: Navigate to the settings menu on your Roku device and select “System Update” to check for any available software updates. If there is an update available, download and install it.
- Factory reset the Roku device: If all else fails, perform a factory reset on the Roku device. Before continuing, make sure to back up any critical data because doing so will erase all data and settings. To factory reset the Roku device, go to the settings menu and select “System,” then “Advanced System Settings,” and finally “Factory Reset.”
If the troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, here are some additional tips that can help you when roku remote is not working.
Use the Roku mobile app as an alternative remote
Download and install the Roku mobile app on your smartphone or tablet, then use it as an alternative remote for your Roku device. The mobile app allows you to access all the same features as the physical remote.
Purchase a new remote or seek professional help
If none of the above troubleshooting steps works, you may need to purchase a new remote. You can order a new remote directly from Roku’s website or online retailers like Amazon. Alternatively, if you believe the issue is with the Roku device, you may need to seek professional help from Roku’s customer support team or a local repair technician.
Contacting Roku support
Roku offers customer support services for any issues related to their products, including the Roku remote. Customers can contact Roku support through their website, phone, or email. Roku support offers solutions for troubleshooting common problems with their devices, as well as providing assistance with setting up and using their products.
Contacting Roku Support for Further Assistance when roku remote is not working
If basic troubleshooting steps have been taken and the Roku remote is still not working, customers can contact Roku support for further assistance. The contact details for Roku support can be found on their website or in the user manual provided with the device.
Customers may be required to provide their Roku device serial number, so it’s recommended to have this information available when contacting support.
Possible Solutions Provided by Roku Support
Roku support may suggest additional troubleshooting steps, such as checking for any updates to the Roku device software or resetting the remote. If these methods do not resolve the issue, Roku support may provide additional options, including sending a replacement remote or advising on further repairs.
Roku support representatives are trained to assist customers with any issues related to their Roku products, and they will work to provide the best possible solution to the problem.
Also Read – How Do I Add Spotify to Roku Device?
Prevent Further Issues
It’s recommended to keep the remote and the Roku device clean, replace the batteries regularly, avoid dropping the remote or exposing it to water or extreme temperatures and use the remote within the range of the Roku device to prevent future issues with your Roku remote. Additionally, it’s important to keep the Roku device software up-to-date to ensure compatibility with the remote.
In summary, the Roku remote is an essential component of the Roku device, and it’s important to keep it in good working order. By following the troubleshooting methods outlined in this outline and taking preventive measures, you can ensure that your Roku remote works smoothly and efficiently, providing you with a seamless streaming experience. Don’t delay getting more help from Roku support if you’re still having problems with your Roku remote.
Can you purchase a Roku remote by itself?
You can buy a new remote from the Roku accessories shop if you want to upgrade or replace your current one.
Does Roku support any remote?
Yes, you can use an unofficial Roku remote in place of your regular remote.
Does a Roku remote function on non-smart TVs?
No. Any TV with an HDMI port is functional with all 4K Roku streaming devices.